Last Confusing Week of August

ζˆ‘εœ¨ε…¬ε›­εšεŠŸε€«~
 The past two weeks have been a little crazy, my work, my training, visiting family, losing sleep, not saving enough money and not studying. So much has happened but I've managed to get through it all and see a good time coming.

ζˆ‘εœ¨ε…¬ε›­εšι©¬ζ­₯~

Life

As for my normal life work has been hectic. I'm changing shifts back and forth from 2nd to 3rd and back again due to some major changes at work. I think they're finally putting me back in 2nd shift for the time being until they find people to hire for 3rd.

I visited my mom and dad since they came back from China and are settling back into American life style. It was good to see them and get some "dadly advice" about my Kung Fu Journey. After visiting there I got some questions answered and a new energy to focus on my goal.

Training

My training has been steady, atleast an hour a day of either stretching or kicking work. I've been doing research on different kinds of stretching to help me get to the splits. Things like Warm Up Stretching, Active Stretching, Static Stretching, PNF Stretching and Massage are all different ways to improve flexibility, some better than others.

I've found doing a warm up and then my active stretching leads to me having my "peak flexibility" where then I transition to transitional stretching (like going from Horse Stance to Bow Stance to Crouch Stance) and then finish off with static stretching. I like to do static stretching for a long time after all the normal workout is done.

I don't feel like I'm improving at all but looking at videos and pictures say otherwise. I just wish I was better at sparring.

How have you all been?

-Johnny

Comments

Popular Posts