August 26th - Back to Normal

The KTV/Restaurant that we went to. (Left to right) Coach Qian, Master Tang, Master Peng, Unknown Master

Performance ~ 表演

I guess things are going back to normal. The performance didn't go so well as I dropped my spear twice during it. Because of my mistakes I ended my form early due to embarrassment. A lot went on during the performance: masters showed off their skills, each of the schools had their kids do something cool, and it all ended with a watermelon eating contest for the kids. A pretty nice day despite my bad performance. After the performance the masters invited the few of us out to eat at a local KTV/Restaurant place which was nice. We got to eat a wide selection of food from fried fish, veggies, tofu, meats, noodles, and more. Josh and I left early since we knew they would all be out late and then I ended the night by sleeping soundly.

Classes ~ 程序

When waking up today, I really didn't know what to expect. Maybe we would have class normally or maybe we wouldn't have class at all. To little surprise, it was somewhere in between. Master Peng gave us guidance on what to do for Basics Class as he had us do the splits then work on basic kicks. With it only being three of us we went through it pretty fast so we started working on our stances and Shaolin Basics

Forms Class went by well as we all started to learn some really complicated moves with the rope dart (绳镖). It was then at Sanda Class where we were allowed to do what we want and practice on our own. I did a lot of shadowboxing and working on footwork to get back into training, I plan on working on the basics for the first week then researching other things to train or work on.

Tomorrow is another day of Meditation, Conditioning, and Power Training. It makes me wonder how the classes will be now that there are only three of us. I'm also wondering about what it will be like when I'm the last one here. Will it be worth it to stay? Someone reminded me that it was my "dream" to come here and train. I still enjoy doing Kung Fu for many hours of the day (even if I don't make much progress) but is it the right use of my time? Is this all really beneficial for me in the end? 

Maybe I do need tomorrow's meditation hour...

Hope you're all doing well!

Looking for clarity

Comments

  1. Sometimes a single dropped spear, even dropped twice, accelerates our learning more than a thousand adulations.... follow your happiness ("Old" Fugitsu proverb) :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to keep this Fugitsu Proverb in mind...

      Have a good week, you have to finish telling me about the 3D printed Pyramids.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts