Man, I should really change the name of this blog...

...to something else other than "Daily Adventure". I mean, when I created this blog I was having some issues with motivation but through this steady writing about whatever I found that I gained motivation for other new things like miniatures, painting, blogging and I even got a job shortly after creating the blog. I think it helped. Now fast forward a few months to today and what has happened in this span of time from my last few posts about the Skirmish Sangin campaign games I was running with my dad in China? Well a lot and not much meaning a lot of boring stuff to write about but not much from my point of view.

After looking at my posts I realize I haven't posted much in a long time so lets see if I can wrap my head around all that has happened...

I moved to China around the 15th of April 2018 (my first WeChat post in China). Its now the 28th of November 2018. Wow, crazy right? My last post onto this blog was in July 11, 2018 which doesn't feel that long ago but it really was 4 months ago wasn't it? Time really flies by doesn't it? Anyway, I've taken 3 months of Chinese classes, joined an MMA gym, stopped writing my ruleset for Skirmish Sangin, set up a great workout schedule for me, made a friend, lost a relative, lost a friend, and am back in the United States for the Holidays.

Currently I'm visiting friends and last week I had visited my sister for Thanksgiving. Soon, I will return to the "China Lands" for the remaining time there until next March/April and then I'm returning to the United States to begin "real life" I guess. I don't think my life will be normal now that I think about it. I don't really want to go back to this normal life, I'd like to keep traveling around, meeting people for a bit and explore. That's why the Military seems so interesting/cool to me as you get to learn many skills like survival, mapping, hunting, shooting and more but then you get to go into actual dangerous environments and test yourself.

Maybe I should do some sort of hiking thing across country or something. That would be fun. I like the survival aspects of things and I haven't tested those skills in a long time. I'd like to try to go on a survival show like Alone or something and really to test myself as I don't have the confidence in any of my skills whether its fighting, survival, education or any of it but something like a competition or a real struggle would give me the confidence I need for myself, not others.

I mean my whole life I've been training in various things but have never been able to test them which is a blessing as I don't need to use my fighting or survival skills. I just want an adventure similar to the stories and games I've played my whole life. Guess you could blame Dungeons and Dragons, Lord of the Rings, Ivanhoe and many other things for contributing to this.

Comments

Popular Posts