November 11th - I asked for it...

Me getting thrown a long time ago!

My Thoughts 💭 个人想法

Well, I asked for it and the lord gave it to me. My weekend was full of over time at work for a total of 18 hours and then after waking up this morning my work called me and told me I have mandatory over time next Saturday and Sunday. My next paycheck will be nice and will give me about 3,000 dollars towards my China trip. If I can continue to work just like this throughout November and December then I'll be able to have a good amount saved so that maybe... maybe I'll be able to stay longer.

Today's Move 🥋 今天的动作


Today's move is called 退步十字手 or "Step Back Crossed Hands". It is the third move in 先天罗汉十八手.
Chinese Explanation - 讲解:
接上势
右脚提起向后退步
重心右移
左脚向后退步
脚尖点地
成左虚步
同时,两手下落
经体前交叉上抬
随后外分下落
交叉立掌于胸前
左掌在内,右掌在外
上动不停
提左脚向后退步
右脚回放
脚尖点地
成右虚步

同时,两手经体前交叉上抬
 随后外分下落
交叉于胸前
左掌在内,右掌在外
两掌心斜向外
掌指向上
目视前方
Following the previous position, the right foot moves backward and body weight moves to the right leg then the left foot's tip toes touch the ground forming "Xu Bu". At the same time two hands lower down, cross and then raise in front of the body. After, your hands separate and cross in front of your chest. Left palm inside, right palm outside.

Continuing from that, move your left foot backwards and your right foot tip toes touch the ground forming "Xu Bu". At the same time, raise your hands above your head crossing them then separate them and lower your hands to your sides. Crossing your hands again at your chest. Left palm inside and right palm outside. Two palms slant outward, fingers point up. Eyes looking forward.

This is apart of my "Learning 先天罗汉十八手" daily move series that will be going thru all 23 moves over the next 23 days. Hopefully at the end we will all be able to perform this wonderful form!

How are you doing today? Any over time for you?

- Johnny

Comments

Popular Posts