July 27th - Ripped Pants

Persevering and Unwavering ~  有恒心有毅力

I swear that at this Kung Fu School I just run off of sugar, water, and veggies. These things are what have been fueling me throughout my training. One "special" treat that I've been buying for the past two weeks has been these powdered milk teas (奶茶粉). Other things that we buy to keep us nourished and ready to train are instant noodles, candy, fruit, nuts/seeds, and sugary drinks or teas. The weekends are a different story.

Food is just one way to keep myself going. Another is music or videos to give me motivation or to help get the "energy" going. To keep training every day on the same things takes a lot of mental work. Reasons, motivation, that "kung fu spirit", and drive to keep going. Some days these are easy to come by while other days it seems impossible. This morning was like that but I realized in the evening as I was still training; I had beaten that feeling today. Tomorrow will be another battle.

Maling Shaolin Kung Fu School

The Journey ~ 游记

It takes a lot of work to get good at something. The more I discover about Kung Fu the more I want to learn and the more I realize that there is no way I can become good at all of it. It makes me wonder if I should put a little more time into other skills for the "real world". I have a list of Kung Fu things I want to learn but I feel that those will simply be apart of my long possible journey.
  • Double Swords
  • 18 Luohan Hands
  • An Animal Form
  • Arial
  • Xiao/Da Hong Quan
  • Monk Spade
  • Maybe the Pu Dao
Maybe I'll have to go to other schools in order to learn these skills or maybe I'll surprisingly learn these skills during a different part of my journey. I've already learned some things I didn't expect to learn like the Long Fist Form, the Rope Dart, Tong Bei Quan, and two kinds of Qi Gong. I've also met many people and seen how Kung Fu has effected their lives. Some find out its not for them, others find that it helps them, while few choose it as their "way of life".

I'm still trying to decide what I want to do with all this Kung Fu once its over. I remember reading a review for a Kung Fu school that said, "The experience is great but in the end you feel like a freshly graduated college student. Full of knowledge with no idea what to do". Finally, I understand why that person wrote that in their review as I have had the same growing feeling.

Final Thoughts ~ 思想

Worrying over things like progress and what I'm going to do after the school isn't a bad thing as I should be mentally prepared. It's when these worries get to be too much that it becomes a bad thing. Some things I won't know until its all over like if I've gotten stronger, if I've changed, and if I can continue my Kung Fu Journey. My life at Maling is halfway over so I should just keep making the most of it every single day.

How are you doing this week?

Oh yea! I ripped my pants during training today. No more red pants for me.

Comments

Popular Posts