September 16th - Mental Break


 "Therefore, put on every piece of God's armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm." -Ephesians 6:13

Nothing changed.

Yesterday was just hard for my mind. 

Master Bao was hungover so I practiced Jumps and Rolls on my own, trying to get more air for my cartwheel. The next class was me reviewing my rope dart as I had just watched a "rope dart motivation" video. The third and final class of the day I spent working on my cartwheel some more as I really want to be able to do an aerial before I leave. It sounds like I did a lot but to be honest, those 4ish hours of training were a mental slog. By the time Power Training arrived, I had burnt out my mental state. I decided to take a break for the rest of the day, skipping Power Training but not skipping Protein O'Clock. 

The Bible quote above is from this daily devotional that I have, looking back on yesterday's passage it makes me think what does "standing firm" mean? I gave up yesterday when I should have pushed through power training, made those gains, and felt good. Should'a. Could'a. Would'a. Standing firm could have another meaning, as today I am getting ready to face those same challenges of solo training. In this way I haven't given up. I've woke up early, made breakfast, and put on my monk suit ready to train. Yesterday I was defeated but today I'll try again.

Or, I'm just comforting myself.

Hope you're having a good week. I'm still trying to become a Kung Fu Master.

Just as I battle my noisy mind, the world is losing its "quiet"

Comments

Popular Posts