September 18th - End of Another Week

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow'." - Mary Anne Radmacher

Another Friday.

This week has been a good week of solo training for many reasons. I've learned many moves for Da Hong Quan, started my side project, gained some weight, and kept posting to my various sites. Friday also means I'm steadily getting closer to leaving the Kung Fu School. After this place, its another stop to Shanghai where I will spend the holidays before heading home.

The thought of leaving this place gives me a bitter-sweet feeling. I understand that it is my time to leave as I'm the last student here. The enjoyment that I get from such a simple life is just hard to leave. Training for most hours of the day, having food made for you, reading, learning, working on videos and more is just so free spirited. That's the "sweet" to bitter-sweet. The bitter is all the problems that I've talked about previously (and that the Cripple Crew would know) which are subject for my end of the year review on this place.

On the subject of Shanghai, I really don't have many plans. I'm looking into taking Kung Fu classes there but I might focus on continuing to mess around with video editing to see if anything comes of it. There are plenty of parks around Shanghai which would be suitable for filming. It'll also be a good time to start looking for a job in America and grab any last minute China trinkets for home.

I'll also have to get one last haircut before going home.

Hope your Friday is as relaxing as mine.

Comments

Popular Posts