September 2nd - Qiang Shou and Chinese Conjunctions

Practicing different moves at a new location.

Daily Move ⚪ 日常的动作

枪手 - qiāng shǒu - "Spear Hands"
"掌心朝上或朝下向前戳击“
"With the palms facing up or down stab forward with your hands."
 
Possible Uses: The uses for this are quite obvious, similar to Chuan Zhang, the spear hands are meant to strike soft spots of the body like the eyes and throat. Since this is a hand form you can do Spear Hands in any stances that you want like Bow Stance, Horse Stance or Crouch Stance.

Daily Word ⚪ 日常的词

除了,不仅,不管
chú le, bù jǐn, bù guǎn
Except, not only, no matter

Related Words:
连词 / 连接词 - Lián cí / Lián jiē cí - "Conjunction" - Noun
连接 - Lián jiē - "to join, to connect" - Verb

I chose these words because I wanted to focus on learning more Chinese Conjunctions so that I'd be able to write and speak more elaborate sentences. These are three conjunctions that I have in my readings but the next few days will be filled with various conjunctions that I continue to encounter on my readings. If you'd like some help with starting to learn Chinese conjunctions then I recommend this and this article to help you out!

Daily Thought ⚪ 日常的想法


I've read a couple of passages in Dancing Mind, Thinking Body but yesterday's was about intuition. When talking about intuition the book was referring to that "gut feeling", "instinct" or "sixth sense" that everyone has when performing in a sport but also in life. It talked about how people will want to do something but they always add a, "but...". You should remove the but and focus on what you want to do and then do it. Follow your intuition and your life and performance will improve.


What are you doing this labor day?

- Johnny

Comments

Popular Posts