September 5th - Customs and a Powerful Kick

日出

Daily Move ⚪ 日常的动作

二起脚 - Èr qǐ jiǎo - "Two Rising Feet" / "Jump Kick"
"Using the back foot to jump up, while in the air strike out with your other leg."
Possible Uses: This move can be found in many martial arts, while in training your goal is to kick your hand that is in front of you. This kick can be used to kick at someone's chin, neck or face. If you change the kick from a snap kick to a heel kick you can use this against your opponent's chest to push them or knock the wind out of them.

Daily Word ⚪ 日常的词

习俗,俗语
xí sú, sú yǔ
Custom, Common Saying

Related Words:
凉凉 - "To be done for"
好好学习,天天向上 - "Study Well and improve everyday."
太二了 - "Too Stupid" (Beijing)
一见钟情 - "Love at First Sight"

I chose these words as I think it is important when studying Chinese, and any language, to understand Chinese Customs and Culture. Not only is China full of different cultures but the language itself is full of idioms, proverbs, sayings and more that are used on a daily basis to express certain ideas.

What Common Sayings or idioms do you know that might be useful?

Daily Thought ⚪ 日常的想法

No quote today, just the thought that hard work will pay off in the end. I just did 12 hours at my job and practically slept the morning and afternoon away. Still had time to do dishes, eat "breakfast", and write this post but I'm preparing myself mentally for another 12 hour day. My wrists, neck and shoulder hurt so I'll try to do some stretching to help them out, I'll also drink alot of water and eat another good meal before I head off to work.

What my point is; all of this hard work will help me pay for my Kung Fu School tuition, my ticket fees, my clothes I need to buy, and any last things I need to pay for like a new Chinese Visa. Every ounce of soreness, tiredness, and sweat I've spent at this terrible factory will give me the chance to go to China and train Kung Fu for a year. A year of Kung Fu fun awaits after half a year of toil. That is what motivates me at work.

What motivates you guys to keep going?

- Johnny

Comments

Popular Posts