February 21st - Tapped Out

Morning Thoughts 🍵

Well, today I've "tapped out" of working out. I woke up at 7 am and then got ready for the morning by eating breakfast and getting dressed. I even wore a knee brace so that I could have some support for running and stretching. Running turned out to not be an option today. I walked barely a kilometer then told Master Peng I couldn't train today. To that his response was, "我的天啊,你有什么问题?" and I told him. So today, on my own, I'm supposed to stretch my arms and do some arm workouts today.

I'm supposed to do those but what I actually plan on doing is programming, studying Chinese and relaxing all day and into the weekend. Maybe I'll do the really light 八段锦 and 易筋经 but that will be it. I'm being really strict with myself today since my knee's health is going up and down. It's my joint that hurts, not a muscle or tendon or anything else. It is the joint and that is the one thing I don't know how to help heal. This is just one of the many set backs that I'll face throughout my time here, so I'm not worried, just a little impatient.

Today the weather is nice and cool too! A perfect  day to be training...

Evening Thoughts 😴

Well, it is the evening and I did exactly what I said I'd do. I spent pretty much the whole day in bed studying Chinese and studying programming. It was an interesting day of rest. I also had a good dinner which turned into a night of playing "Presidents and Assholes" with some other members of the Kung Fu school. (I think that is what the game was called anyway) Now, it is time for bed after a slow day. My knee feels the same as it did yesterday but I think my Chinese got a little better and my programming knowledge of Game Maker Studio 2 got a little bit better.

One thing I did not plan on doing was eating almost all of my snacks in one day. That did happen... I still have milk, chocolate and sunflower seeds left!

I plan on doing some 八段锦 and maybe learning the rest of 易筋经 tomorrow from other classmates since those are really slow and not intense workouts that I'd be able to do when an injury occurs or when I am particularly stiff. I'd just like to get better soon...


Don't forget to check out my Instagram for other posts. I can't post videos here due to the VPN issues and slow internet.

Comments

Popular Posts