February 23rd - Relaxing and Research

Great but cool weather recently

Morning Thoughts

Waking up at 7 am without an alarm is surprising. My body has just adjusted to this schedule now but it has been 23 days at the school and they say you need 60 days to form a habit. I'd say my body is already getting a habit formed just after 23 days! 

This weekend has been really relaxing but I have one more day of relaxing to do. My plan? Sunday is "clean up" day meaning I clean my room, blankets, clothes and my self very thoroughly. I need to shave today as well. But I am not just cleaning today. I also plan on making more hat designs, studying something, and doing some research on other kinds of workouts that I can do to improve flexibility and strength in my stances. Kung Fu.Life is always a good resource for great workouts and inspiration.  


"I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety"
-Psalms 4:8 KJV 
This verse stood out to me today since I've been resting and eating well all week and, though I haven't mentioned it in a while, I've been reading my daily devotional which recently has been talking a lot about seeking help in time of need and not giving up when things get tough. Which is a nice thing to read because I have been wanting to train because I came here to train! Not training at a Kung Fu School just doesn't feel right. I know I won't regret relaxing with this injury though and I plan on using this knee brace for this whole next week of training just to be sure.
 

Evening Thoughts

My body and mind finally gave into resting as after I ate lunch and watched Drunken Master for the second time I fell asleep. Was it due to me being really comfy during the movie or because of all the snacks that I ate while watching the movie? I'm not sure. I slept really well and for many hours right up until dinner time. After dinner I programmed for a few hours and then just relaxed while watching videos on Youtube.

I did do some of what I planned. I studied programming, washed and cleaned my room, shaved, but I wasn't able to do any workouts today. My knee was very sensitive today and I don't know how much the knee brace is helping me but tomorrow I will still wear it.

Not much done tonight and I don't feel ready for tomorrow's training.

Hope you are all having a good weekend!



Don't forget to check out my Instagram for other posts. I can't post videos here due to the VPN issues and slow internet. 

Comments

  1. That rough with your knee, the weather there looks a hell of a lot better than in central WI. Think as Produce Processors as a way to get used to any schedule. Your body probably just shut itself down to make you rest. heal up that knee. you may have just to slowly work up the knee again. i have some old injury's that hurt for a few weeks out of the year, and they are 10 + years old. just making it get used to what you want to do without stressing it too much. Knee braces do help it just seems a bit over used at the moment.
    Hope to keep seeing your blog and Instagram.
    -Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sam!

      I honestly think about the ol' potato factory a lot while here. It really did help me adjust to new schedules, prepare myself for long hours of physical labor, and got me used to working with a mask on.

      And thanks for the thoughts about the knee, its just hard that I came here to do Kung Fu and now I have to rest while others go to class.

      Thanks for continuing to look at this site. It really motivates me to continue writing.

      -Johnny

      Hope they're paying you better!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts