February 2nd - Sleeping Is the Hardest

My Thoughts 🤔 我的想法

13:00

Names, Names, Names. I cannot get the names down but I will keep at it.

Nadia (Trains with me a lot)
JD (Still Tai Chi and Video Game Guy)
Matt (Austrailian Guy who asked me about Chinese)
Josh (Maybe room mate?)
Bryce
Raga? (NOT RODGER)
Ali (The little Kid)
Phillip (The Head Stand Guy)

So, I think waking up will be the hardest part of my day as it is the one thing I do not want to do. I like sleeping, a lot. It is so comfortable and you can feel your body healing itself and if you sleep poorly, you just want to sleep more. This morning, I was so comfortable but I made myself wake up so that I could; make my bed, get dressed, drink my water, eat a banana, brush my teeth, fill up my water bottle and then go eat breakfast. Today, I was late to breakfast so I only had porridge and bread. No egg for me.

I should've brought some snacks or something while I'm resting as my body is used to way more food than this. I suppose that is apart of the challenge.


Training 🥋 训练/培训

19:37

Of course I trained today! Today I just did some stretching... actually a lot of stretching, even though it wasn't power stretching I focused on getting my legs warmed up in the morning and then later on in the afternoon I focused on the splits. It really is interesting how stretching can make your legs sore but can also help with soreness. Magical.

I also practiced a lot of forms. I did the "5 Step Form", a form that I don't know the name of, and then learned the group form thanks to three students: Ali, Josh and Nadia. The group form is really hard as you have to shout and speak while you are doing these moves while I don't really like doing that with any kind of training. I guess I don't like being loud.

It is a fun form but as I've said before, I can't get focused too much on one part of training. If I want the most out of this one year of experience then I need to do everything and train more than the rest so that I can maybe be the best or, at least, improve myself a lot.

Forms are only one part of our wide variety of training we do. The school also provides power stretching, power lifting, Kickboxing/Sanda, Forms, Take downs, other martial arts, conditioning, and more. It is a lot to take in but a few of the students seem to want to focus on some extra Sanda practice with me which is cool.

I'm sore and a little tired but I still have to study programming. I will.

What challenges are you preparing for?

-Johnny "白武龙"

Comments

Popular Posts