Winding Down(休息着)

我的早饭
It is my last weekend in Shanghai, China. I've already said goodbye to one of my Kung Fu teachers and this weekend I'll be meeting up with my friend so that we can go eat and explore Shanghai one last time. Sunday will be my last Tai Chi and Kung Fu class where I'll hopefully add some of the other students' WeChats so that we can keep in touch. Monday will be my last day for Muay Thai training at Absolute MMA. Obviously, life is strange and one day I might come back but there is also the chance that I might not, who knows?

天山公园
My dad and I have been talking a lot about me heading back to the states. I've a plan on what I'm going to do but from my experience I have to keep plans very flexible to prepare for the unpredictability of life. This weekend, probably tonight, I'll make up a quick resume so that once I land I can immediately begin applying for jobs. As written before, I've already a couple of jobs in mind for my stay up north. Let's see if I can get them.

天山公园
Yesterday during MMA training, we worked on a lot of wrestling stuff and boy did it make my legs sore. I've never practiced wrestling and the only grappling I've done is about two years of Judo which is a very different grappling style. Those exercises are going to be added to my workout regime because my legs haven't been that sore in a while. In Tai Chi we practiced many moves. I don't know the Kanji/Characters for them but I remember they were called "pang","ji","lu" and two more that I forgot the names of. Tai Chi is a lot harder than people think as it makes my feet and ankles sore from all the slow balancing that we do but at the same time it is very relaxing.

天山公园
All that I'm doing is requiring me to learn more, push myself more, and to continue to improve myself in many ways, more than just physically but also mentally and socially. I'm not the most social of people but meeting all these people from around the world has made me want to try and learn more about them and even try to keep in contact with them. I know martial arts might not be the best thing in the world to do for a career or job but it certainly is fun and provides me with many new opportunities in this.

天山公园
I hope you all are doing great. What has changed in your life recently?

-Jonah

(Again the Chinese translation will be late with me being a little busy)

Music listened to while writing: Nothing today, just thinking and the sounds of construction.

Comments

Popular Posts