Balance is Hard(平衡得难)

我的早饭
I think I've figured out my schedule for training, study, work, and play but we'll see.

Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday
Chores
Eat Breakfast + Write
Running
Study
Lunch
Work
Dinner
Sleep
Chores
Eat Breakfast + Write
Workout
Study
Lunch
Work
Dinner
Sleep
Chores
Eat Breakfast + Write
Running
Study
Lunch
Work
Dinner
Sleep
Chores
Eat Breakfast + Write
Workout
Study
Lunch
Work
Dinner
Sleep
Chores
Eat Breakfast + Write
Running
Study
Lunch
Work
Dinner
Sleep
REST!REST!

Chores: Chores involve washing dishes, doing laundry, taking a shower, brushing teeth, making lunch for work, and getting dressed. This takes more than an hour to do every day depending on what I have to do that day.

Breakfast and Write: I've found that I write the most while I'm eating breakfast. Since I eat big breakfasts I like to write to help me use the time better and help my body digest the large amount of food I consume. About and hour to do all of this.

Running: Since I think cardio is important I've decided I'll keep doing my 30 out 30 in workout. This obviously takes an hour but I also stretch after.

Study: Recently I haven't liked studying but I will still try to study atleast an hour. It will either be programming (HTML, CSS, Java) or Mandarin. Maybe both!

Workout: If I ever do sign up for a gym again this is the day that I'll go to the gym. Since I'm trying to save money, I don't think I'll be going to the gym but instead will do the workouts that I did in MMA and Muay Thai class. We'll see. This also includes stretching.

Lunch: Of course, after working out, running and studying I will be hungry so I usually make my smaller lunch to eat before I go to work. Usually a cucumber and an apple with water. Again, this takes around an hour. Sometimes I finish up or reedit my post during this time too.

Work: This one is obvious, I go to work for 8 hours and slave away trying to earn money to save up for my goal.

Dinner: This is where I come home late at night while everyone is asleep and eat whatever leftovers there are. I also drink a cup of milk with protein powder to help me sleep and recover for the next day.

Sleep: Finally, I get some blissful sleep.

Rest: This is important for me as the weekends are for rest. I do stretch a lot on the weekends to help my body recover for Monday and I still study a little bit on the weekends but the weekends are for me to spend time with family and do things that I wasn't able to do during the busy work week.

This is what I think about while at work and, to be honest, I "wrote" this all down in my head for the past few days while at work. It really helps and I think that my job will give me time to clear my mind from all the bad and to focus on good things like how to keep my schedule balanced!

You might notice martial arts are not on here and that is because I haven't found a time that will fit them in very well. I think I'll practice them on the weekends by myself and use my time in the states to focus on building up my physical strength and cardio again. After 6-8 months of this I think I'll be prepared for the Kung Fu school.

How are you doing with balancing your life?

-Jonah

"Train your mind, body and spirit."

Comments

Popular Posts