January 1st - A New Year

My Thoughts 🤔 我的想法

11:00
It is a new year! Welcome to 2020, and with the new year comes a whole new set of challenges and goals. But, this is probably the first year that I don't have a New Year's resolution. I really just want to focus on enjoying my time at Maling Kung Fu Academy and immersing myself in kung fu.

5'8'' 161 pounds

Exercise 💪 运动/体育

"No Gym" Workout
3 Sets
50 Jumping Jacks
40 Squats
30 Push Ups
20 Butt Ups (Or another abdominal workout)
10 Burpees
10 Pull Ups

Kung Fu Stances
30-60 seconds, multiple times until comfortable
Gong Bu 弓步
Pu Bu 仆步
Ma Bu 马步
Xie Bu 歇步
Xu Bu 虚步

I think i'm also going to practice my kicks and punches and then work some yoga stretches too so that I can see how they help me.

Another thing I'm going to do is see how the kung fu school effects my body after a year as the picture above is "normal" me. It's not after a workout, didn't use any lighting tricks 等等.


Study 🧠 学习

I bought the album 《幻觉》 off of iTunes and am using it to practice my listening and studying new words. I'm trying to choose one song to learn the words from at a time and am learning new words slowly each day. We will see how this method of studying words.

幻觉 huàn jué illusion (名词, noun)
歌词 gē cí lyrics (名词, noun)
而已 ér yǐ nothing more, just that, only (Auxiliary)
仅仅 jǐn jǐn just, only, merely, alone (副词, adverb)
一切 yí qiè all, everything (代词, Pronoun)


这一切仅仅是幻觉而已
"All of this is just an illusion."

I'm taking the song, 幻觉, every couple lyrics at a time. Today, here are the first two lyrics:

人类 rén lèi mankind, human kind (名词, Noun)
拥挤 yōng jǐ crowded (形容词, Adjective) to crowd (动词, Verb)
湖边 hú biān lakeside (名词, Noun)
 
人类拥挤在湖边 
"Mankind crowds around the lakeside"

杀戮 shā lù to massacre, to slaughter (动词, Verb)
仇恨 chóu hèn hate (名词, Noun)
réng to remain (动词, Verb) still, yet (副词, adverb)

把杀戮与仇恨仍在里面
"massacres and hate remain inside"

How is your New Year going?

-Johnny "白武龙“

Comments

Popular Posts