January 9th - Focus


Daily Devotional ✞

"The eye is the lamp of the body; so then if your eye is clear, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light that is in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!"
-Matthew 6:22-23

The book speaks about having confidence in yourself and thinking good about yourself but the passage makes me think of focus. If you are not focused then you could get distracted or discouraged from your goal. Thinking positively about yourself does help you focus but also thinking about your task/goal and how to accomplish or achieve it.

Thinking positively and having good focus can take you far.

My morning Workout

Exercise 💪 运动/体育

Today I've done many small workouts throughout the day. My back feels way better than before but learning from my older knee injury, I know to take it slow so that in the long run I won't have future problems. So, all these light workouts and light stretches are making me feel like I've "done something" training wise.

Study 🧠 学习

Studying has been way less stressful recently since I've been doing my "slow studying". What I mean is listening to Chinese Music, watching Chinese videos, and trying to learn a handful of words a day; not a whole list. This has really helped me as I can focus on trying to review what I've learned previously and focus on trying to use my words in conversation or trying to find them while I read.

散心 sàn xīn to relieve one's boredom/stress (动词, Verb)
一分钱,一分货 Yī fēn qián, yī fēn huò You get what you pay for (成语, idiom)

Review 📖 复习

堆满 duī mǎn to pile up (动词, Verb)
整个 zhěng gè whole (形容词, Adjective)
房屋 fáng wū house/building (名词, Noun)
认真 rèn zhēn serious (形容词, Adjective)
清楚 qīng chu clear (形容词, Adjective)
水平shuǐ píng standard, level (名词, Noun)
提高 tí gāo to raise (动词, Verb)
What should I improve with my blog? New layout? New font? New Colors?
-Johnny "白武龙“ 

Comments

Popular Posts