January 2nd - Some Tai Chi and More Exercise


My Thoughts 🤔 我的想法

23:30
It is a weird and unbelievable feeling but I finally have all of the paper work I need to send for my visa. All the passport photos, documents, invitation letters, and more are finally gathered together, ready to be mailed out tomorrow. In "celebration" of this fact, I have bought some sick custom muay thai boxing gloves that have a yellow and black "bruce lee" color scheme with Kung Fu written on them in Chinese. I still don't quite believe that I will be leaving on time until I have the visa in my hand and my tickets are booked. But, I am closer to going to Maling Kung Fu school.

Spending time with my parents has been nice and relaxing. I don't think I will be finding a job while I'm here as I really want to focus on spending time with them before I'm gone for a year.

Daily Devotion ✞ 日常的虔信

I decided that after many months of studying 365 Tao that I would begin to study a book my dad gave me a while ago called Your Best Life Begins Each Morning by Joel Osteen. Similar to 365 Tao you read a page a day and it helps you a little bit every day think/meditate.

Today's Devotion is pretty positive.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
-Jeremiah 29:11

What I got from this short passage, and the description written in the book, is that we shouldn't just try to 'get by' every day but instead we should try everyday to live it to our fullest because God, or they Way or Buddha whoever/whatever, has plans for us that are greater than we imagine. All we have to do is try everyday and we will get closer to our better potential.


Exercise 💪 体育/运动

When I woke up in the morning I unexpectedly did some Tai Chi with my mom as she was looking for an alternative exercise to her normal cardio and stretching. After doing that for about 30 minutes I ate some food, studied, wrote some of this post and then went to work out. My workout is written below:

"No Gym" Workout
3 Sets
50 Jumping Jacks
40 Squats
30 Push Ups
20 Butt Ups (Or another abdominal workout)
10 Burpees

Kung Fu Stances
Repeat stretches until you feel loosened up
Horse Stance
Bow Stance
Sitting Stance
Crouching Stance

Shadow Boxing
Trying to focus on using 3-4 combos and different kicking methods while protecting myself through head movement.

I feel better after doing this workout and I think I will keep adding Tai Chi to my morning routine but I believe I might have to rest from the intensive working out for a bit. My back has had pain for a while that isn't ceasing and I want it to heal before I head to China. Injuries happen and rest in the best option in the long run.

How is your second day of January?

-Johnny "白武龙"

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts