Fancy Tricks and Another Good Workout

Butterfly Kick Drill
 Well, today's training was pretty good as I practiced for an hour and a half. Of course I did the basics of stretching, kicking, stance changes and even some hand work but today's focus was preparing to attempt the "Butterfly kick" as this is my first step into one day doing an aerial. To help me learn how to do a "Butterfly Kick" I watched another Martial Club video as they have a pretty good tutorial on how to do a "Butterfly Kick".


In my mind the things I need to learn to do an aerial are:
  • Butterfly Kick
  • Cartwheel (Good technique and good "whip" action)
  • One handed Cartwheel (Again, good technique and a good "whip" action)
  • Aerial
My attempt
Of course, I want to learn how to do these tricks with both sides of my body so its going to take me quite a bit of time, but hey, I have till January!

I think I'll keep focusing on flexibility and tricks for the next few weeks and then shift back to focusing on flexibility and sparring techniques later on, not quite sure yet.

What do you all have planned for this weekend?

-Jonah



Comments

Popular Posts