Schedule All Messed Up...

My Breakfast
My schedule is all messed up and its my fault for not having the self discipline to continue it. I will keep trying but this is how my schedule really has been:

Monday (29th) Tuesday (30th) Wednesday (1st) Thursday (2nd)
8:00 am Woke Up
Chores
Ate Breakfast
Wrote a Post
Ran 5 miles
Studied Java
Ate Lunch
Went to Work 2:00pm
Ate Dinner
Slept
8:30 am Woke Up
Chores
Ate Breakfast
Study Java
Ate Lunch
Went to Work 2:05pm
Ate Dinner
Slept
6:00 am Woke Up
Chores
Ate Breakfast
Trained Kung Fu
Stretched
Ran 4 miles
Wrote a Post
Ate Lunch
Went to Work 2:15pm
Ate Dinner
Slept
9:30 am Woke Up
Chores
Eat Breakfast
Budgeted
Wrote this Post
Ate Lunch
Went to Work 2:00pm
Ate Dinner
Slept

Monday I did good but I haven't been doing great on the other days. The only thing that has been consistent is eating, going to work, and sleeping. I know why too, I watch too many videos, get up too late (8:30 most of the time but today was 9:30), or talk with my Chinese friend too long.

So far so good! My budget for May 2019
One thing I did add to my schedule, which is a positive thing, is Budget. I'm using Google Spread Sheets so that I can now budget my money monthly (and then yearly) so that I can see how much money I'm actually saving up for my Kung Fu school experience. 8,000 dollars is a lot and I really want to see my progress grow as time goes on. So I plan that every Thursday I will update my monthly budget because I get paid every Friday and they email me my pay receipt on Thursdays. I save my receipts from stores, use my bank's website, and my memory to help update the budget with my current spendings and earnings. To me it's interesting right now to see what I've been buying (I've bought a lot of food).

To handle the other problems I need to stop watching Youtube videos on martial arts for two reasons: they waste my time and they demoralize/demotivate me from my goal. It's sad to see so many videos about people making fun of or bashing the martial art(s) you've studied. I try to watch "how to do..." videos but they end up just wasting my time as I keep watching them.

I will have to tell my Chinese friend that we need to talk less as we do talk for hours while I prepare food, clean up etc. But it ends up making short tasks into long tasks which adds up with my limited time available in the morning.

The waking up "problem" is hard as I need to sleep enough to recover from work and runs but I also need to get up so that I can continue to do my workouts, stretches and more. I want to wake up at 6 or 7 am every day. When I woke up at 6am I felt I had loads of time and I managed to do a lot of training and running. I don't like relying on caffeine too much so maybe I just need to immediately start doing something in the morning that isn't doing chores or breakfast like running or stretching or working out. After you do something for 2 months it will become a habit and I want to have good habits.

All of this scheduling, budgeting, and working is new to me. It's not overwhelming or a problem, its just another obstacle that I have to go over in order to get to my goal. Looking at my week and what I have and have not done kinda reassures me that I'm doing good. In one week I've ran a lot, wrote a lot, gone to work everyday, found a new positive thing to do, and have eaten healthy. What a great week so far!

How are you all doing this week?

-Jonah

Listened to this once again, so soothing and relaxing.


Comments

Popular Posts