December 10th - Visa Issues

My Thoughts 🤔 个人想法

I'm having trouble getting my X2 180 day visa for the Kung Fu school. It's a bit of a pain but as I've learned there will always be highs and lows so maybe this is just another low but after sparring last weekend another thought popped into my head...

What if I also try to do Sanda Tournaments while in China?

It would be cool to go to performance tournaments and to go to Sanda tournaments. Just to get some kickboxing experience. After seeing those MMA fights I think I'd like to try it once just so that I don't have any regrets about not trying it. Maybe the school could help me find some Sanda tournaments.

We will see how it goes.

Studying 🧠 学习


Trying out some Chinese music genres, starting out with rock. This song is called 阿诗玛 (Ashima) by the band called 谢天笑. Very simple vocab in this one, I've already listened to various other pop songs and rap songs but I found the rap to be too fast and the pop songs a little bit boring (though I can understand some parts of it).

Vocab from this song:

让我在山岩中隐藏自己
人生中唯一的一块身躯
石头般的心灵
早已无人能再次唤醒
阿诗玛不再说话
阿诗玛最坚硬的阿诗玛
我愿在云海中掩饰着你
也愿在黑夜将爱情抛弃

I'm still trying to understand the meaning though.

My girlfriend has sent me a few names of different songs, mostly slow love songs and a few children's songs. Though they're not really my cup of I'll have to practice listening using them. As my listening gets better I will explore into more genres.

Daily Tao ☯  禅教

"One does not need buildings, money, power or status to practice the Art of Peace. Heaven is right where you are standing, and that is the place to train."
-Art of Peace, pg 4 

As someone who practices martial arts it seems that most people today think you need an expensive gym, equipment, partners and more to train but some eastern arts, like Kung Fu, Karate, and Aikido, say that you can train everywhere with anything. This is why, I believe, forms exist. But the idea that you can take your martial art and practice everywhere is such a good idea. If you are able to do this then you must truly be dedicated to your art or understand your art well. Shadow boxing, push ups, sit ups and many more exercises can be done anywhere and yet many people don't

What have you all been doing?

-Johnny "白武龙"

Comments

Popular Posts