December 14th - A Weekend of Rest

My Thoughts πŸ€” ζˆ‘ηš„ζƒ³ζ³•

Work has been a pain the past few days but I think it was worth it. I've been trying to put a few extra hours in each day so that I can save up money for Christmas gifts while still being on budget.

Dad ✅
Mom ❌
Grandma ❌
Niece ✅
Nephew ✅
Sister ❌
Sister's Husband ❌
Girlfriend ✅ 

I still have to get a few people gifts but I have ideas, I don't know if they are good ideas but I'll keep thinking.

I'm actually writing this after work, which wasn't too bad of a day. A few of the guys are sick, they're still getting trained in a few things so that they can replace me when I'm gone but they're all good workers in their own way.

Now, what will I do today?

I want to train my body:
-Stretching
-Push Ups
-Sit Ups
-Squats
-Dips
-Kicks
-Leg Lifts (Forward, Back, Side)

I want to train my mind:
-Study Chinese (Speaking, Listening, Reading)
-Read (Taoism, Bible)

And I want to train my spirit:
-Meditate
-Pray
-Meditate

My Influence 🌟 影响

I always talk about this Mind, Body and Spirit being the key parts to my schedule and training but why do I divide it this way? Well, a few reasons...

The first is this is how my dad always divided problems, obstacles and more "life things". As long as I keep these balanced throughout my life then I won't have any problems when obstacles appear. It has become so ingrained into me that I use this to guide my life and my goals.

The second is through my early interest into history I studied many different parts of history, mostly medieval or feudal eras of different countries and found the history and mythos around the various Religious Military factions interesting. From the Sohei in Japan, to the Templars in the Middle East (and their foes), to the Shaolin Monks of China and even the Hwarang of Korea (Flowering Knights). Each of these organizations trained their men in similar ways: They had to be smart, They had to be strong and they had to have good faith. It's these three "secret ingredients" that create powerful warriors.

The third, and final, reason is you can find this idea portrayed in different ways throughout life. Whether it is breaking down a successful business into three parts or playing a video game whose whole goal is collecting three relics of power or more. Breaking something down into its key aspects helps understand what your are doing and helps improve whatever you are trying to understand more.

What will you guys be doing this weekend?

-Johnny "η™½ζ­¦ιΎ™"

Comments

Popular Posts