December 3rd - Feeling Tired Already

My Thoughts 💭 个人想法

I did an okay workout today. Simple dips, push ups, squats, and leg lifts. I stretched very little but probably should stretch more because of me getting back to work. I know that every day's workout will be a challenge but I want to keep at it like I did before. I'm trying to slowly increase the intensity because I need to "reactivate" my muscles and turn my (very little) winter fat into muscle. I also need to get back into cardio work which means either running, jump rope, intense shadowboxing or something else.

(I've been using this guy to get interesting workout ideas)

Meanwhile, I can already tell after one day of working third shift my mood has changed. I need to stay positive as no matter how much sleep I get, how much food I eat, how much I write, I will still feel a little down because of this weird night time schedule. As long as I get my "basic" schedule finished each day I'll be happy.

Read, Write, Workout, Stretch, Eat, Shower, Sleep


中庸,"The Doctrine of Mean"

Daily Tao ☯ 中庸 + 疲劳症

My continuous study of 365 Tao and Thinking Body, Dancing Mind has led me to another great reading. Today's reading is about "moderation" and "fatigue".

I really enjoyed the Fatigue chapter of Thinking Body, Dancing Mind because, as I've mentioned many times before, that is what I feel constantly while working third shift. Simple workouts and stretches are killer on me and no matter how much I sleep I just want more. It isn't fun but maybe I can use some of the advice from the book to help me, not fight, but flow with fatigue.

The reading on moderation didn't really spark any mindful thoughts for me today. The only thought that I did have was that I never really thought about social moderation. Balancing having your own time and time with others and that too much of one or the other could be a bad thing. For me, I probably have too much time to myself, hence the sleeping so much. Maybe I should reread it and think on it some more.

Christmas Story 🎄 Day 3

“While Joseph thought about this, an angel of the Lord came to him in a dream. The angel said, 'Joseph, descendant of David, don't be afraid to take Mary as your wife. The baby in her is from the Holy Spirit.' "
-Matthew 1:21

I wonder how many people still do this? The tradition my dad taught me was that each day of December you would read a part of the "Christmas Story" which is everything that leads to the birth of Jesus Christ. Now that I'm on my own, I still want to carry on this tradition so I'm using this as a way for me to remember how to do it
Of course, each year my dad changed something about it so let's see what I change about it this year.

- Johnny "白武龙“

Comments

Popular Posts