December 8th - Pure FC 16 and Some Sparring

Pure FC 16 - I believe this is Steve Pratt vs Jordan Clark

My Thoughts 💭 个人想法

Well, I did something I don't normally do. I went out. A friend invited me to go watch some MMA fights that were going on in the area. They had all sorts of fights going on from amateur kick boxing to professional MMA. Fourteen fights in total, and to be honest, all of them were fun to watch.

After watching the fights me, my friend and some of his friends went to a local gym and started practicing. At first we showed each other "our moves" and then asked questions back and forth but this all lead up to the sparring which was fun. Man do I miss sparring. I sparred two people this day: one was a "Taekwondo Stance Boxer" and the other was a... wide stance wrestler? stand up wrestler? I don't know how to name it but it was difficult to spar. I learned quick what I need to work on:

-Be more aggressive
-Quit Back Stepping
-Work on my Takedowns and Takedown Counters
-Work on getting into the clinch
-Faster Kicks
-Better face blocking

The Taekwondo stance boxer would clip me in the face occasionally while the wide stance wrestler would stuff my clinch and try to throw me. My ground game is terrible but maybe I could try to learn some things from him on how to counter that.

It was a fun weekend.

Short post today, how was your weekend?

-Johnny "白武龙“

Comments

Popular Posts