December 1st - A Happy Holiday and Nearing The End

Winter came to WI

My Thoughts 💭 个人想法

I had an interesting holiday weekend. Thanksgiving was good as we went up to Minnesota to visit family for four days. In these four days we ate food, played games, talked, and celebrated (a very late) birthday for my nephew. Seeing my parents was good as we discussed my plan, my money, and what I might be doing after the two years in Maling Kung Fu School. My dad and I sparred a very little bit. It was fun but I wasn't too keen on returning to Wisconsin; work has to be done and things need to be prepared.

While at my parents' I had something unexpected happen to me, an old friend from California contacted me and told me that he was looking at my website. Apparently he is going through some tough times in High School and seeing my little adventures motivated him to keep going. If he is reading this now Keep at it my dude, we all have goals and plans for life. If you can make it through the highs and lows you'll find personal success. I was really surprised that he contacted me and even more surprised that my website helped him. Without knowing it he has motivated me to keep writing on this so that maybe it can help others. I know it helps myself.
So, after a great weekend what is my plan for December? I will focus on working, training, and budgeting. Working will be the big one as I have a feeling that I will be working a lot. As for my training, I'd like to go back to 100 Push ups, 100 Sit ups, stretching and form practice everyday. This will mean that I have to change my schedule and really push myself but I believe that I can do it as today I didn't eat much but still had the energy to practice forms out in the cold snow. (Now I just have to do 100 push ups and sit ups!) I won't even rant about budgeting as, anyone who budgets knows, it is an unpredictable pain.

Practicing

Christmas Story 🎄 Day 1 

"The mother of Jesus Christ was Mary. And this is how the birth of Jesus Christ came about. Mary was engaged to marry Joseph. But before they married, she learned that she was going to have a baby. She was pregnant by the power of the Holy Spirit."
-Matthew 1:18

Day one towards Christmas. I can't believe it as December not only means getting closer to Christmas but it also means getting closer to the New Year which means a whole year has gone by. Man, where does the time go?

Thanks to my dad for giving me the Christmas story verses!


Daily Tao ☯ 勇气

"It is the experiences that come out of prowess, not prowess itself, that are valuable."
-Deng Ming Dao, 365 Tao 

Today is about Prowess but my reading today didn't use the word for prowess, instead they used the word for Courage or Valor... 勇气 (yǒng qì).

I thought this was an interesting thought on prowess, that it is temporary, a gift given to you for part of your life and what you do with this prowess is what lasts with you. Not the prowess (or skill) itself! To me it was just interesting.

It makes me think, what is my prowess?

-Johnny

Comments

Popular Posts