December 9th - Stretching and Training

My Thoughts 💭 个人想法

I wonder where I'll be in a couple years? I have a similar feeling to when I was in Illinois, working and training like a machine looking at the horizon for the day I leave onto my next adventure. Then my adventure years will fly by only for me to return to this same feeling. Do I want to live my life like this? I'm not too sure. I think I should do more with my "intermission" times between adventures, find friends, make contacts, learn new things and improve myself. Have I done that here?

Illinois
Friends/Contacts: Not many friends in Illinois but I do have contact with a small Taekwondo School that want me to visit them one day.
Learned: I learned how to get a job and about a lot of factory/production stuff.
Improved: I started this blog and began working out on my own.

Wisconsin
Friends/Contacts: Reconnected with an old friend, met some cool people at the factory but no contacts.
Learned: Self studying Chinese, learned more about factory work, I can drive a forklift now.
Improved: My flexibility is way better than before and I've gotten way better at saving money.

I guess I have done that but it doesn't feel like it. I guess its because I want to do more with my time. Its a bit hard to explain.

Daily Tao ☯ 禅

"The Art of Peace begins with you. Work on yourself and your appointed task in the Art of Peace. Everyone has a spirit that can be refined, a body that can be trained in some manner, a suitable path to follow. You are here for no other purpose than to realize your inner divinity and manifest your inner enlightenment. Foster peace in your own life and apply the Art to all that you encounter."
-The Art of Peace, pg. 3

This is from The Art of Peace translated by John Stevens but the quotes are from the founder of Aikido Morihei Ueshiba. To my knowledge, this book can be classified as apart of Zen thoughts (Zen comes from Taoism/Daoism) and well... I like this book a lot. For me the first page of this book has a great passage whose meaning is, its all in you. Your motivation, your work, your potential and more is all in you. I mean, do I need to say more?

-Johnny "白武龙"

Comments

Popular Posts