December 27th - Meditation and Sparring


My Thoughts 🤔 想法

Well, today I'm supposed to go and train at a gym with some friends. Maybe some sparring and probably the hardest training I will have in some time but it will be worth it. I'm also finishing up my last few days at work (yesterday was actually a bit tough) which feels weird. It's like when you are getting close to finishing a book, you know its going to end but you still don't know what to expect.

I guess my feeling could be described as "limbo" right now as I have no control over how my visa is going, I'm already packed up for moving and my job received my resignation, I'm not sure what I'll be doing in Minnesota, and I'm unsure of how my 1 more year in China will be. Its also weird to have to meet many more new people again as I've grown to like the job and people here as, as one person put it, "We're all working hard, We're all here, each and everyday".

I didn't study today and wont study today, besides looking up 虎标万金油. (Tiger Balm) Maybe I'll listen to some music and do some light vocabulary practice with DuChinese.

Daily Tao ☯ 纯洁

Today's thought is about purity and how it seems that people often forget purity in favor of blending in or fitting in with society, or pursing their own selfish wants of entertainment, fame, etc. Where all of these things are negotiable, The Tao philosophy states that you cannot compromise with purity.

So where is the purity in our lives?

It is a bit odd to reflect on what I think is pure in my own life as I know it isn't 100% pure but there are things that I think are some good or healthy, which I believe is apart of being pure.

Meditation 📿 坐禅

I did finally meditate again for a whole 8 minutes. It helped me relax as I was a bit "antsy" earlier today. So, I sat down on my bed, closed my eyes, and breathed. It was helpful at relaxing me which is one of the first positive affects from meditation that I've found. I'll do it again before work and before heading out to train today.

Kind of a boring post today, but hey, its my "Daily Adventure". You'll see it all.

-Johnny “白武龙”

More Content on my Instagram.

Comments

Popular Posts