October 15th - Hand to Head, Sword to Shoulder

Last evening's training was good.

From 7pm to 9pm I worked on various details within Dharma's Sword (达摩剑). I really suck at it as I'm trying to be fluid and quick while also cutting, chopping, pulling and thrusting correctly with the sword. There is a lot of body movements required in this form, a lot of dramatic stance changes (like sitting on the floor then jumping to stand up), and changes in speed. It's a lot to take in on my third day of learning the form... and I've already learned half of it apparently. 

Because of me focusing on this form so much I haven't power trained and I haven't worked on videos. My bad. There are still 24 hours in the day last time I checked, so the day hasn't changed. Just my priorities. When I realized this I did a really quick leg workout. Simply four sets of twenty five reps of wide squats and calf raises. Not much, but that's all that I need to get me back into the rhythm of power training. 

I could get really frustrated with myself for missing so many days of power training, I could get mad that I haven't gotten bigger, I could get mad and quit because of so many things. But you know what? Things take time and you won't always be consistent. You won't do it everyday. There will be a sick day, holiday, party, death or who knows what that will change your schedule. What you and I have to be consistent about is always getting back on track

That's how you succeed, that's how you make progress.

Time for some Qi Gong and Meditation.

Hope you all are having a good Thursday.

PandaVPN Friend code right here

Comments

Popular Posts