October 19th - Empty

Ningyo Captured in Toyama Bay

Watching Movies.

Editing Videos.

Crisp Monitor. 

Sword Slashing.

Sweat Dripping.

I love my new laptop.

Training ~ 剑法

This weekend I didn't get to my goal of practicing five hours each day which is alright. In total, I practiced for 4-5 hours for the whole weekend. What I discovered in that time was I am not ready to learn the rest of the form. My Jian Basics (初级剑) need a lot of work and relaxing is really hard for me to do in this form. I can tell I've gotten a little bit better. I also see how much I need to improve. Footwork, stances, sword flowers, sword cuts, and much more.

Movie Night ~ 电影

Saturday was a day of tiredness and demotivation. So, after getting another part for my new laptop, I was able to recover the movies I downloaded on my old computer. What movies? Shaolin (1980), starring Jet Li. This is the movie that reignited the love for Shaolin Kung Fu/Culture. Honestly, it is one of the better filmed 80's Kung Fu movies out there. Then, I watched Kingdom of Heaven, Director's Cut which I hadn't seen in a while but was a great three hours.

Cleaning Up ~ 打扫

Sunday was a day of cleaning and training. I wanted to make sure I can pack everything in my bags. In total I have one suitcase, one backpack, one computer bag, and two weapon cases. Now that I've packed my room is really empty now.

It's a strange feeling to see my room this empty. When the other classmates left it was a similar feeling but now its like the "final days". The last life form is getting ready to leave. I've come to enjoy this room quite a lot just as I've grown to enjoying this life of Kung Fu training. Deep down I understand that the winter by myself wouldn't be fun. No heat. No other classmates. Terrible Weather. No thank you.

My time here is up but the adventure isn't over.

Drinking Tea ~ 喝茶

Which brings us to today. A day of finishing my straight sword form, basics, and more packing. 

Master Bao told me I had to work on the small details of my form. My supporting hand should always be at my ear or head level. My sword handle should be at my shoulder level while my sword tip should be at my hip level. Finally, I need to relax and use my body more throughout the form. So much to work on in such a short amount of time.

To be honest, there are many thoughts going through my mind at the moment but I will save them for myself.

Hope you're all having a great Monday.

I even meditated a bit more last weekend.

Comments

Popular Posts