Post Workout Review

Aight, I'm trying something new here. A potential new topic for my bloggy thing. This would give it more content and just help me with my workouts. If any rando that finds this doesn't like it then just tell me or if I don't like it then I'll just stop like I usually do. Now lets get to it....

Today is a Monday and with all Mondays its a grind to get back to working out. This Monday is particularly hard because I haven't gone to the gym in around 3 weeks because of travel and me having to order a new gym card. So I got into my usual routine. Usually, I do this:
  • Stretch 10-30 minutes
  • Run 30 minutes - 1 hour
  • Upper Body/Arm exercises
  • Lower Body/Leg exercises 
  • Core exercises
  • Run (If I didn't run in the beginning) 30 minutes - 1 hour
  • Swim Laps for 30 minutes - 1 Hour 
That is what my morning routine was for a good couple months. It was nice, I was strong and improving. Then of course later in the night I will go to MMA class on top of that. Today I'll break down exactly what I did. SPOILER: it wasn't all of that!

First I got in and began stretching for 30-40 seconds each stretch.
  • Leg on the Bar
  • Toe Touches
  • Neck Stretches
  • Lunges
  • Shoulder Rolls
  • Wrist Rolls
  • Torso Twists
After that I did 50 push-ups and moved on to running on the treadmill for 25 minutes.

Once I was finished running I had a short recovery period and began to plan my arm exercises today. I did weighted dips, chest press, and bench press. 3 sets of 10 on every one except bench press where I began to struggle. So I did 1 set of 10, 7, and 5 at 135 lbs each. Not bad but I can do way better normally so this was difficult for me. I then did 10 pullups and tried a second set of pull ups where I only did 1. I moved on to core workouts after that doing mason twists (2 sets of 40) and sit ups (4 sets of 20). It was after the core workout where I realized I was done for the day.

My evaluation: I expected poor performance after such a long break from the gym but I was glad I did at least half of what I normally do. I hope to see improvement throughout the week but I'll be travelling again so probably not...

One thing I do is I wait to eat after my workout. Usually and hour or more (which is usually me winding down, showering, and then making my lunch) before I eat. Why? Because of something I read in the past about having your body calm down so it doesn't immediately turn whatever you eat into fat. Once you've calmed down your body will use food for repair or something like that... not too sure on the details anymore its just a habit at this point.

What is your guys' workouts? And why are you guys working out?

-Jonah

"Just gotta keep pushing yourself everyday non stop."

No music this time!

Comments

Popular Posts